Enjoys interacting with different cultures and have lived in China, UK and Norway. Nakula has always had keen interests in alternative energy and sustainable living practices and has worked on organic farms in Ireland, Wales and India.
- He has initiated a lot of work in Community Arts and has often been working within this arena.
- Recently worked on the Kali Kalisu project with government school teachers from rural districts in Karnataka, looking at approaches in visual arts, dance, drama and music.
- Some of his training has been in yoga, contemporary and classical Indian dances.
- He has worked as a freelance dancer with the West Glamorgan dance theatre, Wales, Karma Consult, Norway and the Apoorva dance theatre, India.
- Performed repertory and improvised material at international dance festivals like the German festival in India and the Bering’s sea dance festival in Norway.
- Facilitate processes of making work using pedestrian movements that participants originate which is useful when working with nondancers, actors or beginners.
- Taught at the Kanpur NIIT, Shristi school of art design and media, Wigan and Leigh college, NIFT, St. Josephs Indian, Sophia, Sindhi and Hombe Gowda high school, Ramaiah’s Medical college, Accenture.
- Has worked as a faculty member for the Diploma course in dance at Attakkalari, since its inception in 2006.