dancED – Dance in Education Teacher training and Certification
Lourd Vijay’s Dance Studio (LVDS) India’s premier dance and production Company has been constantly working on developing an organised scientifically planned dance curriculum for kids called dancED. LVDS has become a pioneer in the field of dance in education.
- dancED is a holistic approach to inculcating dance and movement as a perfect dance in education module in schools and dance studios across the country.
- dancED is designed and planned by a team of Dance Education experts, Experimental dance experts, child psychologists and child care experts.
- The program is not only about dance as a fun physical activity but also focuses on the wholesome benefits that dance and movement can offer to a student in a day to day and future driven scenario.
- Designed based on 3 strands – Physicality, Creativity and appreciation addressing all types of kids with varied interests and learning capabilities.
What will the dancED certification course do for you as a dance teacher/facilitator?
- NCERT has made it a mandate for dance, music, arts and theatre to be implemented in schools, hence a certification will empower dance trainers to demand better remuneration.
- Help create a dancED teachers forum for better training, facilities, exchanges, exposure, sharing and multiple other benefits.
- Help you develop a yearlong dance curriculum with clear objectives, lesson plan, activities, Choreographies, briefing and debriefing with varied degree of difficulty as students’ progress from lower to higher classes.
- You will be trained to effectively and efficiently work as a highly trained and a certified Instructor to kids from Kindergarten to High school.
- dancED is for dancers/trainers from any dance back ground/Discipline be it western/Indian, Classical, folk, modern, commercial, cinematic, etc.
How will dancED help?
- Exposure to Western Classical dance, Indian Classical dance, Folk dance, tribal arts, Street dance, Physical theatre modules, gymnastics, B-boying, Partner and social dances, Contemporary dances, Creative dancing, prop work, yoga, etc.
- Preparation for Schools annual days, sports days and annual production Detailed activities and lesson plans to achieve objectives on a regular basis.
- How to evaluate Informal and formal evaluation.
Some of the objective that we address through dancED are:
- Focus on physicality, flexibility, endurance, Creative excellence, appreciation and critiquing
- developing rhythm
- Spatial exploration
- group exploration
- Minor Mortar skills
- Gross Mortar skills
- Strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Body balance
- How dance movement compliments Sports – like bettering your swing, batting, upper body movement, increasing foot work.
- Limb to limb coordination
- Eye to limb coordination
- Right & left brain development: Ambidexterity
- Creative expression
- Confidence boosting
- Team building
- Leadership development and a lot more
How will dancED benefit schools and students:
- Fun workbooks for kids
- Opportunities to represent India at the Dance World cup and many international dance festivals.
- Certification that would help garner extra points for higher studies
- dancED certified professional Instructors/facilitators